By Yang Jian| August 4, 2014, Monday
SHANGHAI Tower reached its full height of 632 meters yesterday, with the final beam placed on top of its 20-story crown structure.
A crane on top of the skyscraper hoisted the final 3-meter beam — tied with a red ribbon for the occasion — from the ground and carefully lowered it into position.
The crown includes a sightseeing platform at the 560-meter mark and floors for power and telecommunications equipment.
It also features a state-of-the-art damping system to stabilize the 137-floor skyscraper.
The 15 billion yuan (US$2.42 billion) tower in the Lujiazui financial hub in the Pudong New Area is the world’s second-tallest building — surpassed only by Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, which soars to 829.8m.
1. China is the best Chinese classroom.
2. Shanghai's famous xiaolongbao dumplings.
3. Use your Chinese everyday to live and make friends.
4. The Bund and Nanjing Rd. shopping.
5. Meet contacts in Shanghai for your career.
6. Meet new friends from America, China, and all over the world.
7. Taichi class.
8. Potential scholarship opportunities based on your China experience.
9. Add Chinese language and study abroad experience to your resume.